Last week, Michigan Republican legislators called for an investigation (see below) into Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s handling of nursing home coronavirus records. Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Charlie LeDuff also announced plans to sue Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer to release nursing home coronavirus data. LeDuff says Whitmer “refuses to turn over COVID death data and accurate nursing home numbers to the public.”
Longtime Detroit, Michigan reporter Charlie LeDuff announced on Twitter (see below) that he and the Mackinac Center (Michigan think tank) are “preparing a lawsuit” against Whitmer:
“All the way to the Supreme Court, Madam.”
We are preparing a lawsuit against Gov. Whitmer of Michigan.
She refuses to turn over COVID death data and accurate nursing home numbers to the public.
All the way to the Supreme Court, Madam.
Thanks to the@MackinacCenter, who has agreed to take our case.https://t.co/sH3BtfZ32m pic.twitter.com/le65xN83SP
— Charlie LeDuff (@Charlieleduff) February 27, 2021
LeDuff said in an email to Fox News that Whitmer owed it to the citizens of her state to release data:
“The public has a right to know. Above all, the public has a need to know. We shut down the entire economy; we interrupted our children’s lives, all in the name of protecting the most vulnerable. We now know this was the institutionalized elderly. If we could not protect them, at the very least, we deserve an explanation from Madam Governor. If there’s something more to it than that, let’s say gross incompetence or gross negligence or gross press conferences designed to cover the facts, then she needs to answer for it. As I’ve always said, the power lies with the people, not the political parties.”
OUR PREVIOUS REPORT ON MICHIGAN LEGISLATORS CALLING FOR AN INVESTIGATION INTO GOVERNOR WHITMER?
New York’s Governor Cuomo has been on the hot seat over nursing home deaths in his state, calling for his impeachment. Is Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer next up?
Republican state legislators in Michigan are pursuing an investigation into Governor Whitmer’s mishandling during the coronavirus pandemic of patients admitted to nursing homes. Discrepancies in cases and death data are two concerns that legislators want investigations into:
“It has now come to our attention that these reporting errors have likely not been resolved.”
Fox News reports Michigan State Sen. Jim Runestad spearheaded letters to the U.S. Attorney General and Michigan Attorney General calling for an investigation into Whitmer and a release of information via the Freedom of Information Act:
“Gov. Whitmer’s regional hub policy placed patients with and without COVID-19 in the same facilities and may have exacerbated the death toll in those facilities. Questions remain regarding data accuracy, compliance with CDC guidelines, and compliance with our state’s Freedom of Information Act. There is a critical need for a full investigation into these matters.”
OUR PREVIOUS REPORT ON WHITMER’S NURSING HOME POLICY:
Nursing home patients infected with COVID19 are dropping like flies in the state of Michigan. Much like the millions of babies whose lives are snuffed out at Planned Parenthood, Democrat Governor Whitmer doesn’t appear to overly concerned, as there are no current plans to change the way patients infected with COVID19 are being dropped off at nursing home facilities, where the state is paying approved facilities $5,000 per COVID positive patient.
Deadline Detroit – The state of Michigan does not know how many older adults in its nursing homes have died from Covid-19.
More shocking, bureaucrats have no idea how many older adults have died whose care has been entrusted to the state.
More shocking still, there are no plans to stop introducing COVID-infected people into the nursing homes, as New York did this week.
Now, Deadline Detroit has received confidential data from a firm hired by the state to make wellness checks on indigent older adults who are wards of the state.
The data runs from March 10 — the day of Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s state of emergency declaration — May 9. It paints a disturbing picture of neglect, where the sick and infected are carted around from one nursing home to another, sometimes to a hospital and back to the nursing home, where they eventually died.
The data sources have asked for anonymity for themselves and their clients, citing privacy laws and fear of retaliation.
The data covers about 950 people, representing a small sampling of the elderly folks under state care. Of that number, 110 people have died – about 11 percent. At least 250 people were moved at least once, according to the data. Among them, 89 were moved at least twice; 59 were relocated three times.
The most vulnerable among us are being hauled around like laundry bags in the midst of a pandemic.
Such was the case of an octogenarian named C., who took two trips to the hospital and two trips back to his Detroit nursing home in the span of four weeks. He died last week at the nursing home. The cause of death Covid-19, according to the Wayne County Medical Examiner.
Watch this video showing Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s stunning negligence and how she’s putting nursing home patients in grave danger. Democrat State Rep. Lisa Love is frustrated by this horrible policy to put nursing home patients lives at risk:
Click on Detroit claims nursing homes are being paid about $5,000 per patient that they take who test positive for COVID19.
The Senate COVID-19 oversight committee had many questions for the Health and Human Services Department about Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s Emergency Order.
The order creates what they’re calling “regional hubs” and expires on Wednesday. Many members of the senate oversight committee are calling for the governor to change the policy — calling it an extraordinarily bad policy.
The Department of Health and Human Services gave Local 4 more insight into its regional hub system. There are now 21 of them. The state is paying these homes $5,000 per COVID-19 positive case they take.
We also learned that there are some nursing homes taking these patients that do not have the same strict separation policies that regional hubs are required to have. Only about half of the state’s nursing homes have been inspected since the policy went into effect last month.
State Senator Pete Lucido (R), said he was appalled at hearing about COVID patients being dumped off at nursing homes. “How many were infected as a result of bringing a patient to the most vulnerable in the state?” he asked.
Last month, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo was slammed for making the same decision as Whitmer to allow COVID19 patients and workers who tested positive for the deadly disease into nursing homes, where infected patients were dropping like flies. After being heavily criticized for his horrible policy, Cuomo reversed course this week, declaring that the elderly may no longer be moved from the hospital back into the nursing homes until they test negative.
Gov. Whitmer is not expected to make similar changes.
“I have not heard of any plans to increase (quarantine) guidelines,” said Sutfin, the health department spokeswoman. “We are doing additional testing, however.”
ARTICLE SOURCE: 100percentfeedup.com